Saturday, February 6, 2010

Picture Book Marathon: Mile 1-6 (Week 1)


As I mentioned in the previous post, I joined the picture book marathon!  I will be writing 26 picture books by the end of this month.  That means I will be writing a story a day (with a couple a rest days allowed).  The purpose is to help me get into a writing routine.  I'm hoping that by the end of my marathon, I will have something worth revising and editing that would end up in a manuscript worth submitting to a publisher.

In the blogs ahead, I will write about my picture book marathon experience- my joys, my sorrows, my victories, my defeats...

"...writing with endurance the race set before me..."

Well it's only week 1 of my marathon, but I'm off to a good start.  The best part of the race so far are the cheers at the starting line.  I am grateful for the loving support of my husband and 2 boys.  Every now and then they'd check in with me to see how I'm doing and offer me a water as needed.

I started off writing strong.  The excitement of writing my first picture book marathon carried me through the first few miles with ease.  I came into the race trained and ready for the 26 days of writing.  I was well equipped with my story ideas.  It gave me enough energy to keep my steady pace.  The following is a list of my story titles for this week.

book dropping onto a stack of booksMile 1:  Coco the Cockroach
Mile 2:  Rocks in My Pocket
Mile 3:  Ben Hasn't Lost a Tooth Yet
Mile 4:  Todd Has Frogs
Mile 5:  The Daisy
Mile 6:  HiccuChooCough!

I admit.  Some miles were so-so and some were satisfactory.  But overall, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...