Sunday, November 3, 2013

Spreading Love in the Writing Community: The Liebster Award

The Liebster award has been making its rounds. It is awarded to blogs with fewer than 200 followers who have inspired others in some way and could use more love from readers like you.  I am honored to be nominated by 2 extraordinary people:

Chieu Urban, the author-illustrator of Away We Go! (Scholastics, Cartwheel) and Raindrops! A Shower of Colors (Sterling).

Jennifer Young, author of Poison Apple Pie (MeeGenius), Cherry Tomato on Top (Willow Moon Publishing), and Baby Bug's Yawn (to be released in 2014 also by MeeGenius).

Check out Cheiu and Jennifer's blogs to learn more about these talented authors more intimately.

I, too, will share a little about myself through their Q & A. Since they've each asked me 10 questions, I am going to break the rules and answer 5 from each of them. Here goes:

Questions from Chieu:
1. Summer or winter?




I grew up in Hawaii so I have rays of sunshine in my blood. I love the warmth of the sun on a summer day. I enjoy runs along the beach, hikes in the woods, and walks in the park without a heavy coat to way me down.

2. Chocolate or vanilla?
My name is Romelle and and I am a chocoholic.

3. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
I love the cute and witty Tweety Bird. Okay, my character choice is revealing my age.

4. What is your favorite hobby?
I love the 3 R's- running, 'riting, and research (listed in no particular order). Okay, so writing doesn't begin with the letter R, just go with it. Anyway, I can't seem to decide on a favorite between the three.


5. If you can do something without consequences, what would it be?
Snack all day and eat anything I want!

Questions from Jennifer:
6. Favorite part of the day to write?
In the morning after I drop off the kids to school. It's so peaceful.

7. Funniest picture book you've ever read?



Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London is my boys' favorite when they were toddlers. It made us all giggle.

8. What age group do you write for and why?
I enjoy writing for 3-8 year-olds. There is an innocence about them that makes them open to the silliest things. They are easily amused and I love that about them because I am a kid at heart and my dorkiness shows in my writing. Kids love that.

9. If there are no more computers would you still write?
Yes! I still use a pen and a notebook to write my drafts. I love how the ink flows on paper just as my thoughts do. But I'd have someone else rewrite my revisions. :)

10. What was your favorite blog post you published?
I have a running blog dedicated to my running and my favorite post is titled Running with Giants. I get goose bumps every time I read it. It was a challenging time for me in my running career (if you want to call it that) and it was the people I wrote about who have helped me put things into perspective.


Well, there you have it. Now I am nominating these 5 people for the Liebster award. They are fascinating people I'd like to get to know more of through the Q & A. Please visit them and give them a warm greeting!


Jackie Weliington of Why I write Picture Books?
Jarm Del Boccio of Making the Write Connections
Dana Carey of Up in the Attic Lately
Mary Bauer of Poems of Silliness
Linda Hofke of Lind-guistics

All you have to do is:

  • Nominate 5-10 bloggers and let them know of their award.
  • Ask them 10 questions as well as answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
  • Link back to that blogger and spread the love.
Here are my 10 questions for you:
1. If you weren't a writer (or other current occupation), what would you be?
2. What types of books do you like to read?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. What is your favorite color and why?
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
6. What is the best tip on writing you've ever received?
7. What is your favorite blog post you've written?
8. What is your writing goal for this month?
9. If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
10. Apple or PC?

21 comments:

  1. Romelle, I am honored to be nominated for your reward! Unfortunately, I am so overwhelmed with responsibilities, that I couldn't do this justice. Please feel free to pass it on to someone else. What a blessing to have grown up in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an honor. Thank you, it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Let me know what I should do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just follow the bullet points at the end of the post and answer the questions on your blog. Let me know when you do so I can follow up.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for nominating me. It's fun to discover new blogs. I will have to work on my post this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoy meeting new people. Looking forward to your response.

      Delete
  5. I loved how your split them up. I will definitely be looking for Froggy Gets Dressed! Time to check out your Running with Giants post, your friend Chieu's Blog and the your five friends tagged, thanks for their links!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed learning more about you, Romelle. I'm very pen and paper too. First drafts are always handwritten. And who doesn't like Tweety Bird?!
    Thanks for the Leibster! I'll get busy with that right away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - but hey what's that meegenius coming soon book I see over there on the right? I don't remember an announcement about that. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very observant, Lauri. I just put that up. No, I haven't announced it. I was debating whether to announce my news now or when it is published.

      Delete
  8. Heh, I'll be posting my own Liebster stuff tomorrow. It's making the rounds!

    A couple of things in here made me think, "OOO! Me too, me too!!" Snack all day? YES PLEASE! Sometimes I think I run so I can eat more snacks... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, looking forward to your post. And that is what I say too- I run to eat! We should have a support group for that.

      Delete
  9. I would like to thank you for the award and I have posted and informed the recipients. Here is the link to check it out. Thanks for the recognition. It is an inspiration to know someone actually follows my blog. That is amazing.

    http://iwritepicturebooks.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/spreading-love-in-the-writing-community-the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your answers, Romelle. Thanks for visiting my site and nominating Jackie.... who nominated me! This is a great way to get to know other writers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun learning more about you, Romelle! Thanks for sharing all of that...I've seen your name in the comments on PiBoIdMo...I'm having so much fun participating this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. I love your favorite blog post. It's definitely out of the challenging times that we grow the most, eh?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...