Chieu Urban, the author-illustrator of Away We Go! (Scholastics, Cartwheel) and Raindrops! A Shower of Colors (Sterling).
Jennifer Young, author of Poison Apple Pie (MeeGenius), Cherry Tomato on Top (Willow Moon Publishing), and Baby Bug's Yawn (to be released in 2014 also by MeeGenius).
Check out Cheiu and Jennifer's blogs to learn more about these talented authors more intimately.
I, too, will share a little about myself through their Q & A. Since they've each asked me 10 questions, I am going to break the rules and answer 5 from each of them. Here goes:
Questions from Chieu:
1. Summer or winter?
I grew up in Hawaii so I have rays of sunshine in my blood. I love the warmth of the sun on a summer day. I enjoy runs along the beach, hikes in the woods, and walks in the park without a heavy coat to way me down.
2. Chocolate or vanilla?
My name is Romelle and and I am a chocoholic.
3. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
I love the cute and witty Tweety Bird. Okay, my character choice is revealing my age.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
I love the 3 R's- running, 'riting, and research (listed in no particular order). Okay, so writing doesn't begin with the letter R, just go with it. Anyway, I can't seem to decide on a favorite between the three.
5. If you can do something without consequences, what would it be?
Snack all day and eat anything I want!
Questions from Jennifer:
6. Favorite part of the day to write?
In the morning after I drop off the kids to school. It's so peaceful.
7. Funniest picture book you've ever read?
Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London is my boys' favorite when they were toddlers. It made us all giggle.
8. What age group do you write for and why?
I enjoy writing for 3-8 year-olds. There is an innocence about them that makes them open to the silliest things. They are easily amused and I love that about them because I am a kid at heart and my dorkiness shows in my writing. Kids love that.
9. If there are no more computers would you still write?
Yes! I still use a pen and a notebook to write my drafts. I love how the ink flows on paper just as my thoughts do. But I'd have someone else rewrite my revisions. :)
10. What was your favorite blog post you published?
I have a running blog dedicated to my running and my favorite post is titled Running with Giants. I get goose bumps every time I read it. It was a challenging time for me in my running career (if you want to call it that) and it was the people I wrote about who have helped me put things into perspective.
Well, there you have it. Now I am nominating these 5 people for the Liebster award. They are fascinating people I'd like to get to know more of through the Q & A. Please visit them and give them a warm greeting!
Jackie Weliington of Why I write Picture Books?
Jarm Del Boccio of Making the Write Connections
Dana Carey of Up in the Attic Lately
Mary Bauer of Poems of Silliness
Linda Hofke of Lind-guistics
All you have to do is:
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers and let them know of their award.
- Ask them 10 questions as well as answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Link back to that blogger and spread the love.
1. If you weren't a writer (or other current occupation), what would you be?
2. What types of books do you like to read?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. What is your favorite color and why?
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
6. What is the best tip on writing you've ever received?
7. What is your favorite blog post you've written?
8. What is your writing goal for this month?
9. If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
10. Apple or PC?