Saturday, February 2, 2013

Punxsutawney Phyllis Left Her Heart in San Francisco

San Francisco is buzzing with excitement!


  • They are still basking in the glory of the Giants' 2 world Series wins
  • The 49ers are playing in the Superbowl tomorrow

          and...
Punxsutawney Phyllis is in town!





About Punxsutawney Phyllis:
Phyllis is the star of two of her own children's picture books- Punxsutawney Phyllis and April Fool, Phyllis! She loves to "splash in the cold river in springtime, roast in the summer sun, and tromp through the winter snow."






Susanna Leonard Hill, her creator, sent Phyllis on a worldwide tour to celebrate Groundhog Day.  She arrived in San Francisco with all smiles.  Phyllis couldn't wait to get the day started.  Since it is Groundhog Day, Phyllis wanted me to give you San Francisco's morning weather report:

Temperature:  56 degrees
Precipitation:  0%
Humidity: 72%
Wind: 7 mph
Partly cloudy

I told Phyllis to get ready because we're going to Candlestick Park- Home of the San Francisco 49ers!



Overcast skies above Candlestick Park

It's a good thing Phyllis packed her PINK because it so happens that she'll be joining me in the Dirty Girl Mud Run to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  

Phyllis sporting PINK

Our Dirty Girl Team voted Phyllis as team captain. Go Team!

Team Phyllis: "Let's get dirty!" 


Phyllis taking a breather and drying off her soiled overalls 

While Phyllis had a blast at the mud run, she is happy to be back home with her host family.  Most of the morning was cloudy and she never got to see her shadow.  No shadow means an early spring for San Francisco.  But wait....


       ...is that a shadow?


Punxsutawney Phyllis finally sees her shadow

Looks like the clouds finally parted, but it's a bit too late since it is already late in the afternoon.  Phyllis decides to take a long bubble bath to wash away the sweat and grime of today's event.


Bath time with rubber ducky

Be sure to stop by Susanna Leonard Hill's blog to follow Phyllis' journey.   Thank you, Punxsutawney Phyllis for spending the time with me in San Francisco on Groundhog Day!  


Phyllis says:


and









24 comments:

  1. Hilarious in the tub (great minds...) I love all of her wardrobe changes and her fabulous 49ers jersey! And a muddy runner to fight breast cancer? I'm really proud of Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Phyllis likes to spend time in the bathroom. :o)

      Delete
  2. Love the pink! What fun you've had today, Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 56 degrees? Woo hoo! Go Phyllis, go pink! Glad she had a nice bubbly tubby to relax in after her busy, busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is FANTASTIC, Romelle!!! I love her '49ers gear, and that you took her on a breast cancer fundraiser run, and gave her a BATH!!! So much fun! Thank you so much for joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna! It was my pleasure participating. Phyllis enjoyed herself!

      Delete
  5. I thought she liked the Patriots and the Phyllies... errrr... Phillies... *shrug* Oh well... Sounds like you and Phyllis had a great time!Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha...you'd think. But I converted her to the 49ers on her visit with me.

      Delete
  6. Romelle...you need to win a special prize...LOVE the fundraiser photos! LOVE the sports' attire! And I absolutely LOVE the bathtub shot! That is creativity over and above the call of duty! Super-cool and so very funny.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are so sweet, Vivian. I had fun playing with Phyllis.

      Delete
  7. I hope the run went well for your team, Romelle. I love the picture of Phyllis lounging in her bubble bath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. Our team did well and finished with pink colors, thanks to Phyllis.

      Delete
  8. This is so fun, Romelle. It looks like you had a blast with Phyllis. So very creative, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun. It's the kid in me. I guess that's why I enjoy writing for children too.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Coleen. I figured she needed a bath after the mud run.

      Delete
  10. Of all the blogs I've seen so far, I think your Phyllis got to have the most varied fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Teresa, for your kind comments! Glad you enjoyed it. Phyllis wore me out, but in the end it was worth it, especially hearing nice comments like yours.

      Delete
  11. Hahahaha!!! I LOVE THIS!!! Niners. :( But Phyll had a giggly day. That photo of her bath is BODACIOUS! I wish she would have brought good luck to them. *sigh* (I'm from the Keys originally so the Dolphins are my team, but these days I wear a bag while watching them), *wink* but I LOVE that quarterback from the Niners. (((hugs)))

    *waving peace signs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Robyn! Yes, too bad 49ers lost. Phyllis was sad about that. She drowned her sorrows in mud.

      Delete
  12. How fun, Romelle! I love all the pictures of Phyllis. The bath was my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, Phyllis and I enjoyed our bubble bath after that busy day.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...