I've been keeping a secret for 9 whole months!
And now the wait is over.
Today, I am proud to announce
the birth of my baby
|On sale now at Flying Books or visit your app store|
This is my first eBook (or any book for that matter) titled, Casey Chameleon. Charming and Delightful. These words best describe Casey, the main character. It's easy to read her, because she wears her heart on her sleeve...I mean, skin. Casey can turn all sorts of colors, depending on her emotions.
It's a concept picture book about feelings and color.
Interesting tidbit: The main causes of the skin-color change are the chameleon's emotional state. The surroundings are not a influencing factor.
And in case you're wondering, here are more interesting tidbits on how my ebook came to be:
- December 2011- Informed by Flying Books, Ltd. via Twitter regarding open submissions
- January 2012- Submitted ms to Flying Books
- February 2012- Signed contract
- March 2012- Introduced to my illustrator, Lydia F. Ferron
- October 8, 2012- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CASEY CHAMELEON!
Of course, traditional publishing does not happen this quickly. The pregnancy on that could take several years. Right now, I'm feeling some stretch marks again and kicking too. Anyone got a pickle? And some peanut butter too?