Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gift of Ideas

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!  

Look what I got in the mail from Susanna Hill!

Because of my active participation in her Summer Short and Sweet challengeI received a handy dandy notebook, a nifty notepad, and a pen.  This is the perfect gift for a writer like me!



I love the quotes that are printed on the items.  In case you can't see it in the picture, I've listed them below:


"The way to get good ideas is to get lots of ideas and throw the bad ones away."  ~Linus Pauling
"My mind contains many good ideas but it's not always easy to squeeze one out." ~Ashleigh Brilliant
"My ideas usually come not at my desk writing but in the midst of living." ~Anais Nin 

And there's more!  Did you notice the cool cards on the right?   They're idea cards or story starters that'll keep my creative juices flowing.  Isn't this an amazing gift idea? 


Susanna Hill's Summer Short and Sweet has ended, but you can still take part in what she now calls, Short and Sweet.  Every week Susanna gives us a writing activity that'll help keep our writing muse active.  It is very manageable.  If my ideas run dry, this is where I turn to for inspiration.  It's short, it's sweet, it's a rockin' good time!

But wait, there's more!  It's time for Tara Lazar's annual PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month).  It's a 30-picture-book-ideas-in-30-days challenge.  So head over to Tara Lazar's blog to sign up.  I did.  That way I will have 30 ideas to work with and flesh out for the year 2013.  


If you are having a hard time thinking of ideas, Susanna Hill's Short and Sweet will be the perfect accompaniment to the PiBoIdMo challenge.  It's the perfect pair!

2 comments:

  1. Every time I open Susanna's Short & Sweet, my first thought is "I can't do that!" But miraculously there is always enough hand holding in the post that I can do it.

    I am coveting your idea cards right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Romelle - I love Susanna's story sparker cards!

    Good pairing indeed - like milk and honey, salt and pepper, or chocolate and anything!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...